Byron Dunn, Powerlineman.com
I created powerlineman in 1997 on the cutting edge of the internet. After twenty years of trying to keep up with the “cutting edge”, when Facebook came along, I was not interested, Social Media? Not interested. I figured its just a fad. I had pretty much thrown in the towel when it came to “Social Media” and learning something new. At 63 years old and twenty years involved in the internet, I wasn’t willing to deal with this new thing. At the same time, our Forums were in decline.
By happen chance, I had known Amanda for many years as a friend but, not known what her business is.
At a local party, I mentioned to her my distress with having to learn Facebook and deal with Social Media and she became interested in my dilemma. This is her foray. In a short time, Amanda has directed traffic back to the Forums. She has made our presence known on social media, and energized our business!
I love this girl!!! Entirely.
Eric Stevens, Farewell Birds and Pest Control
I had great experience with Amanda. She is super friendly. She designed my website really well. Very happy with the way it turned out!!
Mary Bruck, Vibrant Health Ayurveda
I loved working with Amanda. If you have website needs, she is your “WebGirl”!! I needed someone who was passionate about health and wellness and attentive to detail and creative. I had a good amount of complicated information and we needed to simplify it and bring it up to date. She did all of that PLUS – she gave me strategies for increasing traffic to my site which did not include google ad words as I was on a limited budget. She went way above and beyond my requirements and did a stellar job.
UX/UI Design Necessities
11 Things Your Web Design Needs, at Minimum
- Visitors know exactly what your site is about in 5 seconds of being there.
- You have a call-to-action button above the fold.
- Your contact/location information is easy to find, wherever you are on your site.
- Your site is aesthetically pleasing and functionally easy to use. If your site looks out of date, it will appear you are out of business. A modern look is so important.
- Relevant, original and useful content is written in a way that your guest can easily read it. You have to write your own content and use royalty-free images, you cannot just use information off Google. A good source for free images is Unsplash or Pixabay.
- Each page has a minimum of 800 words for it to show up in Google Search Results. Soon, if not now the standards are moving to 2,000-5,000 words per page.
- Your site has several layers of security in place. Robots are running rampant all over the web these days and your site needs to be protected.
- Your site is GDPR compliant if you are selling or advertising in the UK.
- You are ACA compliant (meaning accessible) if you are brick and mortar or municipality.
- Analytics tools are in place to measure the performance of your website. A couple of examples include Google Analytics, HotJar, and aHrefs.
- Proper hosting is crucial to a good foundation for growth with your site. You do not want a website that will crash because the server can’t handle large amounts of traffic or content. We recommend Siteground.
About Working with
My Web Dev Girl
You deserve a design that meets your company business and is easy for your users to interact with. I love the feeling of delighting my clients with results and under-promising. I spend my time working through the entire Design Thinking process to achieve a solution or function design that beats the competition. I put my whole heart into everything I do and that’s the best design “trick” you can use.
Start a Conversation
I love to talk about all things design! Submit a question or comment by filling out the contact form below.