What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization which is basically a verb. It’s making your website show up in the search results on any searching site, for example, Google, Bing, Alexa, or Duck Duck Go.
It’s increasing your chances of being seen on the first page when people search for “Chiropractors in Longmont” for example. If you’re showing up on the first page of these search results your prospect is going to click on your website and hopefully call you.
It’s finding out what people are looking for on Google by using the Google Keywords Planner and then building your website to answer those queries.
What Gets You on the First Page?
- Name your pages with keywords and separate each word in the URL with a hyphen. For example, chiro.com/chiropractors-in-longmont
- Make sure your metadata is filled out.
- Title Tags – 50-60 characters long
- Keyword Tags – no more than 10 phrases
- Description Tags – 160-300 characters
- Alt Tags – must accurately describe what is in the image but try to naturally get a keyword into it.
- Author Tags – You want credit for the content don’t you? Include your company and your name.
- Use Keywords in the headings of your pages, the H1’s, H2’s and H3’s. Only have one H1 and H2.
- Have a favicon, it’s the little image that shows up in the tab on your browser.
- Have an SSL certificate.
- Have a button visible when you first get to any page on your site, before you scroll.
- Have 500-1000 words on each page. Make your sentences short and have paragraphs no longer than 4 sentences.
- Add a Schema Markup to your site.
- Get your pages loading in 1-2 seconds or less.
- Have a mobile responsive website.
- Get backlinks where really popular sites link back to yours.
- Cache your website.
- Make your website engaging so that people stay on it longer by adding quizzes or interactive features, and helpful content.
- Setup the main social media pages and link to each on your site.
- Submit a sitemap to the Google Search Console. Setup Google Analytics too.
Fast Action Plan to Increase Your SEO Ranking
- Find keywords you will easily rank for by using the Google Keyword Planner. Pick words with Low competition and High search volume to start.
- Create an account for as many online social networks and blog sites as possible. Here is a list of the Top 15 Most Popular Social Networking Sites and Apps to get you started.
- Sign up for Buffer a tool that will allow you to schedule 2000 social media post at once, saving you a lot of time.
- Connect all of the accounts you made earlier to Buffer.
- Write just one blog with a lot of headlines, keywords and short sentences. The first one is the hardest. Get that one done, and you can accomplish anything.
- Now, you are half way. Call me if you are feeling stuck or insecure about your publishing your post. I will give you thoughts of encouragement.
- Publish your blog to your website, Medium and Buffer.
- Now go write your second article and make it a press release. Use full paragraphs in this article and one stunning image.
- Submit it to PR.com and watch your article appear on a lot of different websites.
- Write another blog, post it to your website, medium, and Buffer, then write another, and just keep the cycle going.
- Ask a developer to test your sites performance and accessibility for additional optimization.
Contact me now to request a free consultation. After talking to you and determining what you need, I will send you a strategic Search Engine Optimization plan. When we have an agreed upon engagement plan, I will start selling for you.
For more info about Search Engine Optimization check out one of these articles
How to Get Sales Quickly on Google Use Google Local Services Google Local Services is one paid advertising service that Google offers. It's similar to pay per click ads but better. Local services has generated a lot of leads for my clients, and it only took a...
Here is a list of all the things you need to keep in mind when choosing an SEO company. Do they focus on the users first? The most important thing an SEO company needs to do is focus on the people visiting your site first instead of the technical aspects of your...
Longmont SEO Longmont is a dynamic set of businesses, from manufacturing to high-tech companies. According to longmontcolorado.gov, the high-tech industry makes up 27% of the companies in Longmont. It's no surprise considering we have more software development jobs...
Here is everything you need to know about on page SEO and website optimization, from designing your website and picking your domain name to submitting it to Google and other search directories for it to get noticed. Picking Your Domain Name It is helpful to choose a...
Search Engine Optimization for 2020 What’s New in Search Engine Optimization Backlinks Are Less Important Google is getting away from ranking sites because they have backlinks. If you have 1 million backlinks, your best bet is to get rid of 500,000 of...
Knowing important facts about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is key to quickly increasing your SEO. Follow the easy action plan at the end of this article and find yourself moving up on Google’s list. Keep in mind this list is not all inclusive of the many factors...
Frequently Asked Questions About Search Engine Optimization
What Keyword is my site ranking for?
To see what keywords your site has ranked for, visit the Google Search Console and go to the performance section. Under the chart with the pretty purple and blue graph, you will see options for Queries, Pages, Countries, Devices, Search Appearance, and Dates. Click on pages. You will now see a list of pages ranking on Google and in order of the most popular. Click on a page URL and then click on Queries. Now you will see a list of keywords that page is ranking for.
How is search engine optimization done?
Google uses algorithms to determine whose site is most likely to give a searcher the information they are seeking. Google uses robots to crawl a website and read what kind of information the site has. As a website owner, there are many ways to tell Google what a website page is about, and that is the art of search engine optimization. Finding out how Google is looking at your website and catering it to be what Google is looking for. For more information about everything that goes into SEO, read this On Page SEO article.
Search engine optimization list
- Page Titles
- URL Structure
- Page Word Count
- Meta Descriptions
- Alt Tags
- Sitemaps and Robots.txt
- SSL and CDN
- Responsive Design
- Internal and Outgoing Links
- User Experience
- Free Opt-in
- Schema Markup
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Google My Business if it’s a local business
- Page Load Speed
- CTR optimization
- H1, H2 tags
- Social Media or Pay Per Click ads to drive traffic
The above is a list of just some of the things you can do for Search Engine Optimization.
What is search engine optimization?
Search Engine Optimization is the art of getting your website address or company information showing up in search results on Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
What is a search engine optimization plan?
After conducting an audit of your website, you will be able to create a plan that gets your site on Google search results. The Search Engine Optimization list above are ways to get your site showing up on Google.
What is a search engine?
A search engine is a website that indexes all sites on the internet. Users will go to a search engine to search for a website with the information they are seeking. Badu is the search engine in China. Google is the most popular search engine in English speaking countries and many other countries around the world.
How do you do SEO for a website?
The answer to this question is rather long. It takes many years for individuals to learn how to do quality SEO for a website. Here is a great article that outlines the many ways you can get started implementing SEO on your website today.
Why is SEO so expensive?
The value of good SEO practices is very high. A good SEO company can make or break the success of your company. Many people believe a website will sell their services for them, but in fact, it is SEO that generates hundreds or thousands of leads for your company every month. If you are a business owner, how much do you value that many leads? Is it worth spending a couple of thousand dollars a month to make a few thousand or more in revenue? Without you having to cold call or spend money on print advertising or hire a sales representative?
How much is SEO per month?
There are three ways agencies charge for SEO services, hourly, monthly, and per project.
If you pay hourly, you can expect to spend anywhere from $80-$150 per hour for an experienced SEO expert.
If you pay monthly, you can expect to spend anywhere from $700-$2,500 per month, depending on how niche your audience is and how established your brand is currently.
If you pay per project, you can expect to spend anywhere from $1,500-$5,000 depending on the scope of your SEO needs.
Can you pay Google for SEO?
You cannot pay Google to optimize your website for you, but you can pay Google for traffic, which is a valuable component to SEO. There are two types of advertising structures that Google offers, Good Adwords and Google Pay Per Click. Adwords is an ad that you place on other blog sites similar to yours or the ad that follows people around the internet after they have visited your website. Pay Per Click is when you pay to show up in the search results for specific keywords.
Does SEO really matter?
SEO is incredibly important. If you have a website, a local business, or a national business, you will need SEO to keep your company alive as we enter the digital age. Gone are the days when you solely relied on word of mouth. Today, the best way to advertise your company is through Google and Social Media. It’s cost-effective and more efficient than any other type of marketing.