Web Design & Development
Who do I work with?
I work for small-to-medium size companies.
My experience varies from hand-coding websites to WordPress development. If you are happy with your current site, making small updates is easy.
Who needs a hand coded site?
Established small companies need something very simple that will last them 10-15 years without having to change the content too often or update it. This is for the service provider who is thinking about retiring soon, the plumber, the electrician, the lawyer, or accountant.
These sites have no maintenance fees and are hand coded with the website programming languages HTML, CSS, & JS. See my portfolio for example sites I’ve hand coded. These are some of the most beautiful and uniques sites I’ve done. I’m so proud of these.
Who needs a WordPress site?
New and growing companies need a website developed in WordPress because the content is constantly changing, or they need to sell a product on their site. They need a marketing machine.
Some business owners like being able to tweak their website content and WordPress makes that possible. Bloggers, artists, writers, insurance agents, restaurants, speakers, for example, all need a WordPress site. See my portfolio, for example, WordPress sites that I’ve done for my clients. These sites are large, beautiful and powerful. With ongoing support, these sites will work for you as a supportive marketing tool.
Security is absolutely important for all kinds of websites
Those Russians sure do like testing us. One of the best reasons to build a hand-coded website is for security. You cannot hack an HTML, CSS, and JS website.
The good news for those of you who need a WordPress site is that there is this wonderful plugin called WordFence that protects your website. I make it mandatory for everyone who has WordPress to get it right now! This plugin protects your site from the bad guys, so you can feel good about any potential security risk. They will also help you get rid of any malicious code that does get onto your site. I just love them!
11 Things Your Website Needs, at Minimum
- You explain exactly what your value is in 4 or 5 words with a large font that is visible as soon as you get to the site.
- You have a call-to-action button above the fold.
- Contact/location information for your company is easy for your website guest to find wherever they are on your site.
- Your site is aesthetically pleasing and functionally easy to use. If your site looks out of date, it will appear you are out of business. A modern look is so important.
- Relevant, original and useful content is written in a way that your guest can easily read it. You have to write your own content and use royalty free images, you cannot just use information off Google.
- Each page has a minimum of 800 words for you to show up in Google Search Results.
- Your site has several layers of security in place, those Russians really really like testing us.
- Your site is GDPR compliant if you are selling or advertising in the UK.
- You are ACA compliant if you are brick and mortar or municipality.
- Analytics tools are in place to measure the performance of your website if you are wanting referrals from your site. A couple of examples include Google Analytics, HotJar, aHrefs and so many more.
- Proper hosting is crucial to a good foundation for growth with your site. You do not want a website that will crash because the server can’t handle large amounts of traffic or content.
Contact me now to request a free consultation. After talking to you and determining what you need, I will send you a well thought out marketing plan. When we have an agreed-upon engagement plan, I will start selling for you.